Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Thursday, March 21, 2024 - IN YOUR FATHER’S HOUSE

 

"I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen." (Luther's Morning Prayer)

Thursday, March 21, 2024 - Day 81 (Through the Bible in a year readings for today: Joshua 7,8; Luke 2:25-52)

IN YOUR FATHER’S HOUSE

After three days they found him in the temple, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions. And all who heard him were amazed at his understanding and his answers. And when his parents saw him, they were astonished. And his mother said to him, “Son, why have you treated us so? Behold, your father and I have been searching for you in great distress.” And he said to them, “Why were you looking for me? Did you not know that I must be in my Father's house?” (Luke 2:46-49 ESV)

Jesus’ mother and stepfather had spent three anxious days searching for Him. They finally found Him in the temple, amazing the Bible scholars with His knowledge. This should not be surprising since He is God, the author of Scripture.

He also teaches by example the blessing of being in church. His words are to be our words.

“Did you not know that I must be in my Father's house?”

What blessings are ours when we spend time being fed with God’s Word and Sacrament. May you be blessed every week as you gather in church and are fed with the Good News of the forgiveness of your sins bestowed on you through Jesus!

1. I love Your kingdom, Lord,
    The house of Your abode,
    The Church our blest Redeemer saved
    With His own precious blood.

2. Beyond my highest joy
    I prize its heav'nly ways,
    Its sweet communion, solemn vows,
    Its hymns of love and praise.

3. I love Your church, O God,
    Your saints in ev'ry land,
    Dear as the apple of Your eye,
    And graven on Your hand.

4. For them my tears shall fall;
    For them my prayers ascend;
    For them my cares and toils be giv'n,
    Till toils and cares shall end.

5. Sure as Your truth shall last,
    To Zion shall be giv'n
    The brightest glories earth can yield
    And brighter bliss of heav'n.
     ("I love Your kingdom, Lord,” LSB 651)

Thank You, Lord Jesus, for showing us how important it is to be in Your Father’s house. Please bless me with Your forgiveness, faith and obedience when I make my weekly visits to church. Amen.

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart covering the entire Bible in one year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment