Friday, March 8, 2024

Saturday, March 9, 2024 - LOVE ISN'T ALL YOU NEED


"I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen." (Luther's Morning  Prayer)

Saturday, March 9, 2024 - Day 69 (Through the Bible in a year readings for today: Deuteronomy 11-13; Mark 13:1-13)

LOVE ISN'T ALL YOU NEED

"But be on your guard... And you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved."  (Mark 13:9&13 ESV)

Jesus warns us, "But be on your guard." He highlights some very negative things we Christians will face in the last days. He concludes with a statement that is the opposite of what we would like to hear: "And you will be hated by all for my name's sake."

Most people would prefer to the words of an old Beatles hit. "All you need is love."

The truth is, human love is not all we need. All we really need is Jesus. He is the only One everyone needs. He alone is THE WAY, THE TRUTH and THE LIFE. Jesus is the only One who died for sinners like us. May you be blessed as you take His encouragement to heart.

"But the one who endures to the end will be saved."

1. Jesus, priceless Treasure,
    Fount of purest pleasure,
    Truest Friend to me.
    Ah, how long in anguish
    Shall my spirit languish,
    Yearning, Lord, for Thee?
    Thou art mine, O Lamb divine!
    I will suffer naught to hide Thee,
    Naught I ask beside Thee. 

6. Hence, all fear and sadness!
    For the Lord of gladness,
    Jesus, enters in.
    Those who love the Father,
    Though the storms may gather,
    Still have peace within.
    Yea, whate'er I here must bear,
    Thou art still my purest Pleasure,
    Jesus, priceless Treasure!
   (“Jesus, Priceless Treasure"   LSB 743)

Dear Lord Jesus, help me to endure to the end no matter how hard it gets. Remind me that even if others may hate me, You will always love. Amen.

“See” you in church tomorrow morning or tonight!

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart covering the entire Bible in one year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment