Saturday, April 9, 2016

April 10, 2016 - Day 101 - ORDER or CHAOS

1 Corinthians Sunday (chapters 13-14)

“But all things should be done decently and in order.”   (1 Corinthians 14:40 ESV) 



What excellent advice for life. 
What excellent advice for students. 
What excellent advice on how to interact with others. 
What excellent advice for your daily walk with Jesus.

Where do you find the details for doing all things decently and in order?

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” (Psalm 119:105 ESV)

Following any advice other than the Lord’s, will lead to disorder, confusion, sin and its consequences. Following what the Bible teaches concerning Christian living will lead to a decent and orderly life in the middle of the chaos of life today.

Lord, take my hand and lead me Upon life's way;
Direct, protect, and feed me From day to day.
Without your grace and favor I go astray,
So take my hand, O Savior, and lead the way.
(Lord, Take My Hand and Lead Me, Lutheran Service Book, C.P.H. #722, stanza 1)

Lord, please help me to live my life to Your glory by doing everything decently and in order. Please remind me that the order is You first, others second, and me last. May I find the motivation for such obedience in the forgiveness of my sins that You bestow on me through Jesus, my Savior. Amen. 

Pastor Dave Paape

“See” you at the Communion table this morning!

Pastor Dave Paape

The following link is to the 52 Week Reading Plan Bible upon which these devotions are based.  http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment