Wednesday, April 6, 2016

April 7, 2016 - Day 98 - HOLD ON

Job Thursday (chapters 27-28)


“I hold fast my righteousness and will not let it go.”  (Job 27:6 ESV)
  
“Job’s faith in God grows stronger in the face of his difficulties, just as iron is strengthened on the anvil and in the forge.  No matter what befalls him, Job entrusts all things to his creator.” (Lutheran Study Bible, Concordia Publishing House, 2009, page 815) 

What do you do when things go wrong?

What do you do when life gets rough?

What do you do when you feel like you can’t hang on anymore?

Job would answer: “Hold on.” Actually the One who is holding on is God. Do you remember how Peter was rescued from the waves?

Jesus immediately reached out his hand and took hold of him, saying to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?”  (Matthew 14:31 ESV)

Precious Lord, take my hand,
Lead me on, let me stand,
I am tired, I am weak, I am worn;
Through the storm, through the night,
Lead me on to the light:
Take my hand, precious Lord,
Lead me home.
(Precious Lord, Take My Hand, The Lutheran Service Book, CPH, 2006, #739 stanza 1)

Lord Jesus, no matter what struggles I may have to face in this earthly life, hold on to me and lead me through each day right up to my best day when You have promised to lead me home to heaven. Amen.

Pastor David Paape 

The following link is to the 52 Week Reading Plan Bible upon which these devotions are based. http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment