Tuesday, April 26, 2016

April 27, 2016 - IF YOU NEED ANYTHING, JUST GIVE ME A CALL

Day 118 - Psalms Wednesday (chapters 48-50)         


"If you need anything, just give me a call." Have you ever heard these words before?  Perhaps you have shared them yourself. They are meant to show our care and concern for another person with some sort of need.  

What comforting words God has for us sinners who so often find ourselves in trouble: “Call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.”   (Psalm 50:15 ESV) 

Just think of it.  When you get in a jam, God Himself is on call for you! You don’t have to go through an endless series of phone prompts. You don’t have to be frustrated by being put on hold. God simply says: When the going gets rough, just give me a call. 

Have we trials and temptations?  
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged, 
Take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a Friend so faithful 
Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness - 
Take it to the Lord in prayer. 
(What A Friend We Have In Jesus, Lutheran Service Book, CPH, 2006, #770 vs 2)

Lord, I have many earthly needs that I bring before You today. Please grant them according to Your will. But I have far greater needs. Please grant the needs of my soul (forgiveness, peace, and heaven) as I repent of my sin and seek Your strength for the day. Amen.

Pastor David Paape 

The following link is to the 52 Week Reading Plan Bible upon which these devotions are based.  http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.pdf

1 comment:

  1. Give me a call sometime pastor Paape--pastor Travis Schmidt 414 313 1522

    ReplyDelete