Wednesday, April 13, 2016

April 14, 2016 - Day 105 - REJOICE, EVEN THOUGH...

Job Thursday (chapters 29-30)

“And now my soul is poured out within me; days of affliction have taken hold of me.”  (Job 30:16 ESV)

Are you going through a rough time in your life?  Do you feel like God has forsaken you?  Job would say, “Join the club.”  Job was God-fearing, guiltless, and faithful.  Then why did God allow the tragedies to come into his life?  We find the answer in the letter to the Hebrews:

“For the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives.”  (Hebrews 12:6 ESV) You may want to check out the rest of this section, Hebrews 12:4-12.

So what do those who are loved by God do in the middle of their Job-like struggles?  We take Paul’s advice:

“Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.”  (Romans 12:12 ESV)

Lord, please help me to be hopeful and patient in the midst of my tribulations. May my hope be grounded in all that You have done for me.  Amen. 

Pastor David Paape

The following link is to the 52 Week Reading Plan Bible upon which these devotions are based.  http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment