Sunday, August 14, 2016

August 14, 2016 - YOU COUNT WITH JESUS


Day 228 - Numbers Monday (chapters 1-4)

“Take a census of the congregations of the people of Israel...”  (Numbers 1:2 ESV)

“Through a census, the Lord shows Moses that Israel has grown mightily. However, the strength of God’s people does not depend on size and military strength but on His Word and grace. How good it is to know that God counts you righteous in His sight through His Son, who lived perfectly for you and died as the atoning sacrifice for your sins.”  (The Lutheran Study Bible, Concordia Publishing House, 2009, page 216)

The good news is that you count with Jesus. He loves you so much that He died on the cross in payment for your sins. Yes, no matter what is going on in your life, you can count on Jesus.

Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so.” 
Little ones to Him belong; They are weak but He is strong.
Yes, Jesus loves me! . . .   The Bible tells me so.

Lord Jesus, thank loving me and paying for my sins on Your cross. Please use me this week to share You and Your love with others.  Amen.

Pastor David Paape 

The following link is to the 52 Week Bible Reading Plan upon which these devotions are based.  http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment