Sunday, August 7, 2016

August 8, 2016 - CARING FOR ONE ANOTHER


Day 221 - Leviticus Monday (chapters 22-24)

“Speak to Aaron and his sons so that they abstain from the holy things of the people of Israel, which they dedicate to me, so that they do not profane my holy name: I am the Lord. Say to them, ‘If any one of all your offspring throughout your generations approaches the holy things that the people of Israel dedicate to the Lord, while he has an uncleanness, that person shall be cut off from my presence: I am the Lord.” (Leviticus 22:2-3 ESV)

"God sets His priests apart. They determine what is holy and what is common (10:10). Such an important responsibility requires rules to protect their consecration before God so that they would not die as did Nadab and Abihu. All the people are responsible for helping priests maintain the sacred things of God. Today, Christ’s atoning death makes us members of His royal priesthood.

'But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.'  (1 Peter 2:9 ESV)

As members of His royal priesthood, God separates us from every defilement and calls us to care for one another.”  (The Lutheran Study Bible, Concordia Publishing House, 2009, page 197)

Heavenly Father, thank You for setting me apart to be Your child and for calling me to live a life that glorifies You. Bless me as I do my best to support all others You have called, so that, together, we may be used by You to reach many others with the Good News of Jesus, our Savior and Lord. Amen.

Practice caring for one another today.

Pastor David Paape 

The following link is to the 52 Week Bible Reading Plan upon which these devotions are based.  http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment