Sunday, August 28, 2016

August 29, 2016 - GOD PROVIDES


Day 242 - Numbers Monday (chapters 13-16) 

“Oh that we had meat to eat. . . The people went about and gathered it (manna) and ground it in handmills or beat it in mortars and boiled it in pots and made cakes of it. . . When the dew fell upon the camp in the night, the manna fell with it.” (Numbers 11:4, 8-9 ESV)

God had miraculously set His people from their slavery in Egypt. Now He is feeding them with heavenly bread, and they are complaining. They wake up in the morning and harvest this wonder bread, and they grumble against God, their provider.

Do you see the miraculous works of God in your life? In Luther’s explanation to the First Article of the Apostles’ Creed, you have an overview God’s provision in your life.

“I believe that God has made me and all creatures; that He has given me my body and soul, eyes, ears, and all my members, my reason and all my senses, and still takes care of them. He also gives me clothing and shoes, food and drink, house and home, wife and children, land, animals, and all I have. He richly and daily provides me with all that I need to support this body and life. He defends me against all danger and guards and protects me from all evil. All this He does only out of fatherly, divine goodness and mercy, without any merit or worthiness in me. For all this it is my duty to thank and praise, serve and obey Him. This is most certainly true.”

You loving heavenly Father provides all that you need for this body and life, and, through Jesus, for the next life as well!

Lord God heavenly Father, help me to see and appreciate all that You do for me every day. May my beating heart remind me of Your constant care. Thank You, above all, for sending Jesus to be my Savior.  Amen.

Pastor David Paape 

The following link is to the 52 Week Bible Reading Plan upon which these devotions are based.  http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment