Tuesday, August 30, 2016

August 31, 2016 - DON’T FORGET


Day 244 - Psalms Wednesday (chapters 102-104)

“Bless the Lord, O my soul, 
and forget not all his benefits,
who forgives all your iniquity, 
who heals all your diseases, 
who redeems your life from the pit, 
who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, 
who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.” 
                                                                                                                 (Psalm 103:2-5 ESV) 

The psalmist is calling us to bless the Lord because He has first blessed us. And what is at the top of the list of His blessings (benefits)?

●  Your sins (iniquities) are all forgiven. 
●  Your soul has been healed. 
●  Your life has been redeemed. 
●  And the Lord has crowned you with His love, mercy and goodness.

Sounds like blessings worth remembering, right?

Thank You, Lord, for all Your benefits to me. I do not deserve any of them. Yet You daily shower me with Your forgiveness, redemption and my daily life. My response is to bless You, O Lord. Please keep showering me with Your blessed benefits for Jesus’ sake. Amen.

Don’t forget how blessed by the Lord you are!

Pastor David Paape 

The following link is to the 52 Week Bible Reading Plan upon which these devotions are based.  http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment