Tuesday, August 15, 2017

August 16, 2017 - HOPE BUILT ON JESUS


Day 228 - Psalm 105-106 & Romans 15:1-20

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. (Romans 15:13 ESV)

The US Constitution does not promise happiness, it simply promises the pursuit of happiness. The Bible does promise joy, genuine, deep down and lasting joy and peace to all who trust in Jesus!

Do you realize how blessed you are to be a child of God? Do you recognize the glorious hope / guarantee of sins forgiven, you relationship with God restored, and heaven promised that you have in Jesus?  

My hope is build on nothing less 
Than Jesus blood and righteousness.
No merit of my own I claim 
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.
On Christ the solid Rock I stand; 
All other ground is sinking sand.
    (“My Hope Is Built on Nothing Less,” The Lutheran Service Book, CPH 2006, #575 stanza 1)

Lord Jesus, thank You for filling me with hope, joy and peace by taking my place on the cross and covering all of my sins. Help me to not rely on my own deeds but wholly lean on Your precious name. Amen.

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart
http://www.wholesomewords.org/family/bibleread/truth.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment