Sunday, August 27, 2017

August 28, 2017 - WHATEVER IT TAKES


Day 240 - Psalm 136-138 & 1 Corinthians 9

“To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all people, that by all means I might save some.”   (1 Corinthians 9:22 ESV) 

“As founder of the Corinthian church, and as an apostle, Paul is perceived to have more “rights” than anyone else. Yet he consistently set an example for the Corinthians, encouraging them to put off their own rights in order to serve one another. This is taught and modeled by Jesus Himself. His death and resurrection transform our lives so that we do not seek our own good but the good of others.”  (Lutheran Study Bible, CPH 2009, page 1959)

Yes, we find our divine model of service in Jesus.

“For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” (Mark 10:45 ESV) 

Heavenly Father, thank You for ransoming my soul through Jesus. Please use me to be like Paul, and do whatever it takes to reach others for You. Amen. 

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart
http://www.wholesomewords.org/family/bibleread/truth.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment