Sunday, August 20, 2017

August 21, 2017 - THE ONLY FOUNDATION IS JESUS


Day 233 - Psalm 119:1-48 & 1 Corinthians 3

For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw—each one's work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it. (1 Corinthians 3:11-13 ESV)

What is the foundation of your life? Just as a solid foundation is  crucial to a well built house, so a solid spiritual foundation is crucial to a well built life. 

Paul warns us against building on anything or any other person than Jesus Christ. A building with a poor foundation may look fine at first, but the day will come when all comes crashing down. So it is with your life, unless Jesus is your foundation. The hymn writer put it this way:

My hope is build on nothing less 
Than Jesus blood and righteousness.
No merit of my own I claim 
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.
On Christ the solid Rock I stand; 
All other ground is sinking sand.

When He shall come with trumpet sound, 
Oh may I them in Him be found,
Clothed in His righteousness alone, 
Redeemed to stand before the throne!
On Christ the solid Rock I stand; 
All other ground is sinking sand.
("My Hope Is Build on Nothing Less," Lutheran Service Book, CPH, 2006, #575, stanzas 1&4)

Lord Jesus, thank You for being the solid foundation of all who believe in You. Please keep my feet safely planted on You so that I may stand redeemed before Your throne. Amen.

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart
http://www.wholesomewords.org/family/bibleread/truth.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment