Thursday, August 17, 2017

August 18, 2017 - LONG LIFE


Day 230 - Psalm 109-111 & Romans 16

14 “Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him; I will protect him, because he knows my name. 15 When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him. 16 With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.” (Psalm 91:14-16 ESV)

Today is a very special day for our family, my mother’s 102nd birthday. The picture shows her on her 101st birthday surrounded by her great grandchildren.

When you ask her what her secret to long life is, she’ll say: “Eating ice cream every day.” And then she will add: “Trusting the Lord and praying every day.”

The Psalmist is recording how the Lord deals with those who “hold fast to Me in love.” He delivers, protects, rescues and grants long life. Mom gives the Lord all of the credit for her long life.

Of course not all of God’s faithful people live to be 102. God’s ultimate promise to those who repent of their sins and believe in Jesus as their Savior is that He will “show him My salvation.” He promises eternal life in heaven to all who “hold fast to me in love.” 

Heavenly Father, thank You for blessing Mom with 102 years of life. Thank you even more for promising her and all who repent and believe eternal life. In Jesus’ saving name. Amen.

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart
http://www.wholesomewords.org/family/bibleread/truth.pdf

1 comment:

  1. Interesting blog. It would be great if you can provide more details about it. Thanks you
    secret to long life

    ReplyDelete