Tuesday, August 22, 2017

August 23, 2017 - ARE YOU WALKING IN THE LIGHT?


Day 235 - Psalm 119:105-176 & 1 Corinthians 5

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” (Psalm 119:105 ESV)

Are you walking in the light? If so, that means that you are taking seriously the directions God gives us for such a walk. Listen to what David says a few verses later in chapter 119.

“Great peace have those who love your law; nothing can make them stumble.”

In the second reading for today, Paul was forced to address those who were not walking in the light. In our permissive, anything-goes culture, his pronouncement seems rather harsh. Yet, the expulsion of the man living in sexual sin was meant to wake him up and save his soul. It was also meant to encourage the rest of God’s people to take seriously the call to walk in the light.

Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.
When I feel afraid, think I’ve lost my way, still You’re there right beside me,
And nothing will I fear as long as You are near.  Please be near me to the end.
Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.

Now I will not forget Your love for me and yet My heart forever is wandering.
Jesus, be my guide and hold me to Your side, and I will love You to the end.
Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.
(Thy Word, Text, Amy grant, Tune, Michael W. Smith)

Almighty God, may the light of Your Word be my guiding light. May I daily walk in the light of the cross and so glorify You and be used to draw others to Jesus.  Amen.

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart
http://www.wholesomewords.org/family/bibleread/truth.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment