Wednesday, August 23, 2017

August 24, 2017 - ARE YOU LOOKING UP?


Day 236 - Psalm 120-123 & 1 Corinthians 6

“I lift up my eyes to the hills.
    From where does my help come?
 My help comes from the Lord,
    who made heaven and earth.
 He will not let your foot be moved;
    he who keeps you will not slumber.
 Behold, he who keeps Israel
    will neither slumber nor sleep.” (Psalm 121:1-4 ESV)

When a person is ill, perhaps hospitalized, and lying in a bed, there is only one direction to look–up. Whenever we find ourselves incapacitated for whatever reason, there is only one direction to look for comfort and deliverance.

“I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes in the name of the Lord, who made heaven and earth.” 

Just think. The Creator of everything wants you to turn to Him in your need. He promises to always hear your fervent prayer and to answer you in a way that is best for you.

Almighty God, please hear my prayer as I look up to You for deliverance from the woes of life. Above all, please deliver me from sin, death and the devil, that I may be Your child today, tomorrow and forever.  Amen.

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart
http://www.wholesomewords.org/family/bibleread/truth.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment