Monday, August 21, 2017

August 22, 2017 - LONG FOR THE SALVATION OF THE LORD


Day 234 - Psalm 119:49-104 & 1 Corinthians 4

My soul longs for your salvation;
    I hope in your word. (Psalm 119:81 ESV)

David longed for deliverance from his enemies. When the going gets rough, he turned to God. His hope and confidence were placed in the Word of the Lord.

Where do you turn when life gets rough for you? It is wise to follow David’s example. Perhaps you will not be delivered from trouble in this life. But with Jesus, you are guaranteed eternal salvation. Long for His salvation, put your hope in His Word, and trust, repent and rejoice!

Almighty God, I long for Your salvation.  My hope is in the promises of Your Word. Please use me to share this hope with others. In Jesus’ saving name.  Amen.

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart
http://www.wholesomewords.org/family/bibleread/truth.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment