Tuesday, August 1, 2017

August 2, 2017 - FAITH ALONE


Day 214 - Psalm 68-69 & Romans 3

For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law.   (Romans 3:28 ESV) 

Throughout the years, well meaning people have tried to convince me that I have to do something to earn salvation. While it is true that God demands perfect obedience, I am not able to even come close to meeting His Law. I need help!

The heart of Paul’s letter to the Romans is that we repentant sinners are justified 
by God’s grace alone, 
through faith alone, 
in Christ alone. 
You can take great comfort in this soul-saving and undeserved gift of God!

Not the labors of my hands, Can fulfill Thy law’s demands;
Could my zeal no respite know, Could my tears forever flow,
All for sin could not atone; Thou must save, and Thou alone.
(“Rock of Ages, Cleft for Me,” Lutheran Service Book, 2006, #761, stanza 2)
.
Thank You, Lord God heavenly Father, for Your gracious plan for my salvation. Please use me to share Your good news that we are saved by faith alone. In Jesus’ saving name. Amen. 

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart
http://www.wholesomewords.org/family/bibleread/truth.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment