Thursday, November 23, 2023

Friday, November 24, 2023 - BLACK FRIDAY - GOOD NEWS

 

"I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen." (Luther's Morning Prayer)

Friday, November 24, 2023 - Day 328  - (Today’s Bible readings: Nehemiah 4:15-23; Psalm 119:145-152; 3 John 1-15)

BLACK FRIDAY - GOOD NEWS 

“For behold, the day is coming, burning like an oven, when all the arrogant and all evildoers will be stubble...  But for you who fear my name, the sun of righteousness shall rise with healing in its wings. You shall go out leaping like calves from the stall.”  (Malachi 4:1-2 ESV)
The Day of the Lord, Judgement Day, is coming. At the end of that day, it will be all bad news for arrogant unbelievers as they discover the error of their belief, while for believers it will be all good news as they rise to the eternal sunshine of heaven.
Which will it be for you, BAD NEWS or GOOD NEWS? 

Today is Black Friday. It is because of another Friday associated with the liturgical color of black, that we are guaranteed that, for us who follow Jesus, our last day will be our best day! On Good Friday Jesus laid down His life for sinners like you and me. And now, through faith in Him, we are forgiven and made heirs of heaven. What GOOD NEWS this is for sinners like you and me!

Lord Jesus, Son of righteousness, please continue to shine upon me with You 
light of mercy, grace and forgiveness. In Your precious name. Amen.

Pastor David Paape

No comments:

Post a Comment