Friday, November 3, 2023

Saturday, November 4, 2023 - LET US EVER WALK WITH JESUS

 

"I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen." (Luther's Morning Prayer)

Saturday, November 4, 2023 - Day 308  - (Today’s Bible readings: Ezra 10:1-17; Psalm 117; 1 Peter 2:13-25)

LET US EVER WALK WITH JESUS

“For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in his steps.”  (1 Peter 2:21 ESV)

Who are you following? You have many choices, but only one right choice... Jesus...the One who said: “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6)

1. Let us ever walk with Jesus, 
Follow His example pure,
Through the world that would deceive us  
And to sin our spirits lure.
Onward in His footsteps treading, 
Pilgrims here, our home above,
Full of faith and hope and love, 
Let us do the Father's bidding.
Faithful Lord, with me abide; 
I shall follow where You guide.

2. Let us suffer here with Jesus, 
And with patience bear our cross. 
Joy will follow all our sadness; 
Where He is, there is no loss,
Though today we sow no laughter, 
We shall reap celestial joy;
And discomforts that annoy 
Shall give way to mirth here after.
Jesus, here I share Your woe; 
Help me there Your joy to know.
(Let Us Ever Walk with Jesus, Lutheran Service Book, CPH 2006, #685)

Holy Spirit, please keep my eyes focused on Jesus so that I can follow in His steps. Heaven Father, please forgive me when I don’t. Lord Jesus, thank You for Your sacrifice that cleanses me from all sin. Amen. 

"See" you in church tomorrow!

Pastor David Paape 

No comments:

Post a Comment