Saturday, November 25, 2023

Sunday, November 26, 2023 - GRACE, MERCY AND PEACE

 

"I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen." (Luther's Morning Prayer)

Sunday, November 26, 2023 - Day 330 

GRACE, MERCY AND PEACE 

“Grace, mercy, and peace will be with us, from God the Father and from Jesus Christ the Father's Son, in truth and love.” (2 John 1:3 ESV) 

The words from John’s second letter reveal the blessings Jesus brings to all who worship and adore Him. 

“Grace, mercy, and peace will be with us, from God the Father and from Jesus Christ the Father's Son, in truth and love.” 

God showers all who trust in His Son as their Savior and Lord with His grace, mercy and peace. In fact, these are the treasures you find every time you attend church and He comes to you through His Word and Sacraments. 

1. Today Your mercy calls us
To wash away our sin.
However great our trespass,
Whatever we have been,
However long from mercy
Our hearts have turned away,
Your precious blood can wash us
And make us clean today.

2. Today Your gate is open,
And all who enter in
Shall find a Father's welcome
And pardon for their sin.
The past shall be forgotten,
A present joy be giv'n,
A future grace be promised,
A glorious crown in heav'n.

3. Today our Father calls us;
The Holy Spirit waits;
His blessèd angels gather
Around the heav'nly gates.
No question will be asked us
How often we have come;
Although I oft have wandered,
It is our Father's home.

4. O all-embracing Mercy,
O ever-open Door,
What shall we do without You
When heart and eye run o'er?
When all things seem against us,
To drive us to despair,
We know one gate is open,
One ear will hear our prayer.
   (Today Your Mercy Calls Us, Lutheran Service Book #915)

Heavenly Father, thank You for blessing all repentant sinners, including me, with 
Your grace, mercy and peace. In Jesus’ saving name. Amen.

“See” you at the Communion table this morning!

Pastor David Paape

No comments:

Post a Comment