Sunday, December 17, 2023

Monday, December 18, 2023 - GOD KNOWS YOUR NAME


"I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen." (Luther's Morning Prayer)

Monday, December 18, 2023 - Day 352  - (Today’s Bible readings: : Zechariah 7; Psalm 139; Revelation 14:1-20)

GOD KNOWS YOUR NAME

“For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth.” (Psalm 139:13-15 ESV) 

When does life begin? The answer was pretty obvious to David. Life begins in the womb, where God fearfully and wonderfully knits us together.

How does God want His people to respond? We get to remember that God has a plan for every life. That makes you very special. In fact, God even knows your name. Please take time to watch this video clip all the way through.


Yes, life is a precious gift from God. And this makes you a precious, blood-bought, baptized, forgiven, heaven-bound, gifted child of God!

Heavenly Father, the Creator of all, thank You for the gift of life. Please help all of us to value life. In the name of Jesus, the Lord of Life. Amen. 

Pastor David Paape

1 comment: