Friday, December 15, 2023

Saturday, December 16, 2023 - BE STRONG AND COURAGEOUS

 

"I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen." (Luther's Morning Prayer)

Saturday, December 16, 2023 - Day 350  - (Today’s Bible readings: Zechariah 5; Psalm 137; Revelation 13:1-10)

BE STRONG AND COURAGEOUS 

“Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.” (Deuteronomy 31:6 ESV)

Moses, who is about to be retired, encouraged the Israelites to face their future with strength and courage. Strength and courage are traits that many would like to have. If you are one of these folks, listen to how this can come about. Number one, don’t worry, the Lord will go with you wherever you go. Number two, He will never turn His back on you.

There is a phrase that I have often shared with the church members I have been privileged to serve
:
Always, always, always STAY CLOSE TO YOUR JESUS

Our text for today offers us another version:

Never, never, never WILL GOD LEAVE YOU NOR FORSAKE YOU!

   1. Jesus, lead Thou on till our rest is won;  
And although the way be cheerless,
We will follow calm and fearless.  
Guide us by Thy hand to our fatherland.

   2. If the way be drear, if the foe be near, 
Let not faithless fears o'ertake us;
Let not faith and hope forsake us; 
For through many a woe to our home we go.

   3. When we seek relieve from a long-felt grief;  
When temptations come alluring,
Make us patient and enduring;  
Show us that bright shore where we weep no more.

   4. Jesus, lead Thou on till our rest is won.  
Heavenly Leader still direct us,
Still support, control, protect us, 
Till we safely stand in our fatherland.
(“Jesus, Lead Thou On,” Lutheran  Service Book 718)

Lord, what comfort I find in Your promise to never leave my side. I know that I do not deserve this. Thank You for Your mercy and grace showered upon me through Jesus, my Savior. Amen. 

“See” you in church tomorrow morning!

Pastor David Paape

No comments:

Post a Comment