Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Wednesday, December 27, 2023 - THE THIRD DAY OF CHRISTMAS

"I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen." (Luther's Morning Prayer)'

Wednesday, December 27, 2023 - Day 361  - (Today’s Bible readings: Zechariah 14; Psalm 146; Luke 2:22-40)

THE THIRD DAY OF CHRISTMAS

THE SONG

 ♬ On the third day of Christmas
my true love sent to me:
Three French Hens
Two Turtle Doves
and a Partridge in Pear Tree.


Why Three French Hens on the third day of Christmas? Some say the three French hens represent the three theological virtues of Faith, Hope and Charity. These were given by God and poured into our hearts. The three hens are also symbolic of the Holy Trinity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Almighty God, holy blessed Trinity, thank You for being our Creator, Redeemer and Sanctifier. Holy God, I praise Your name. Amen.

Have a blessed Third Day of Christmas!
 
Pastor David Paape

No comments:

Post a Comment