Thursday, September 15, 2016

September 16, 2016 - RETURN TO GOD TODAY


Day 260 - Amos Friday (1-4)

“...yet you did not return to me... Prepare to meet your God.”  (Amos 4:6... ESV)

“Amos intersperses vivid descriptions of divine judgment with the divine lament ‘yet you did not return to me.’ God’s reasons for allowing calamities to enter our lives are ultimately good, but people nonetheless refuse to respond with humility and faith. True repentance is always His work, wrought through the Law. Forgiveness is His greatest work. Praise God that all sins, including our slowness to repent, are fully forgiven by Christ’s sacrificial death.”  (Lutheran Study Bible, Concordia Publishing House, 2009, page 1464)


Heavenly Father, may the Holy Spirit’s work in me lead me to readily repent of my sins and receive Your merciful gift of forgiveness, and thus return to you. I ask this in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Repent and return to the Lord today!

Pastor David Paape 

The following link is to the 52 Week Reading Plan Bible upon which these devotions are based. http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment