Monday, September 26, 2016

September 27, 2016 - A PROMISE AND A WARNING


Day 271 - 2 Chronicles Tuesday (chapters 6-10)

“If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” (2 Chronicles 7:14 ESV)

The promise of verse 14 is a popular Scriptural choice in attempting to help Americans return to the Lord on behalf of our country. The promise is clear. If we, God’s people, are serious about repenting, believing and following Jesus, we can have a positive impact on America.
A few verses later, God gave this warning to the children of Israel:

“But if you turn aside and forsake my statutes and my commandments that I have set before you, and go and serve other gods and worship them, then I will pluck you up from my land that I have given you, and this house that I have consecrated for my name, I will cast out of my sight.” (2 Chronicles 7:19-20 ESV)

With our national culture turning its back on God, we need to heed the warning. Far, far too many have turned away from the Lord and refuse to follow His commands. The warning says this leads to separation from God. Let’s hold onto the promise, and humbly pray for America, seek the Lord’s will and turn from our national sins. 

Lord, please hear from heaven, forgive our sin and heal our land. Yes, please have mercy and bless America.  Amen.

Pray for America today!

Pastor David Paape 

The following link is to the 52 Week Reading Plan Bible upon which these devotions are based. http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment