Friday, September 16, 2016

September 17, 2016 - THE TRUTH IS


Day 261 - John Saturday (chapters 16-18)

“I have come into the world – to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to my voice.” Pilate said to him, “What is truth.” (John 18:37b-38 ESV)

What is truth? Pilate’s question is the world’s question. People are in a constant quest for the truth. The problem is that there is no agreement on the definition of truth. For example, what answer would you get from a Bear fan, a Viking fan and a Packer fan? There is only one true definition of NFL truth, however not everyone is in agreement with me.

While great diversity exists on worldly definitions of truth, when it comes to spiritual things, there is only basic truth! Jesus points us to that in His high priestly prayer:

“Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.”  (John 17:17 ESV)

The reason that “God’s Word is our great heritage” is that it is God’s truth for us. And what is the truth? 

●  We are great sinners, and Christ is our great Savior!
● Jesus is the way, the truth and the life for you, for me, for all! 

My Savior, keep me close to You and the truth of my salvation in You. Use me to help other sinners see that You are their only truth as well.  Amen.

“See” you in church tomorrow.

Pastor David Paape 

The following link is to the 52 Week Reading Plan Bible upon which these devotions are based. http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment