Saturday, September 17, 2016

September 18, 2016 - THANK GOD FOR OTHERS


Day 262 - Philemon Sunday

“I thank my God always when I remember you in my prayers, because I hear of your love and of the faith that you have toward the Lord Jesus and for all the saints, and I pray that the sharing of your faith may become effective for the full knowledge of every good thing that is in us for the sake of Christ.” (Philemon 4-6 ESV)

Paul’s words of  thanksgiving for Philemon is a model for us. He thanks God for Philemon’s love and faith. May others say that of us too! And may we be blessed with folks around us of whom we can say the same! Paul then focuses on faith that is effective in pointing others to Jesus.

This is to be our focus. In order for this to happen we get to focus on God’s grace, His undeserved blessings in Christ.

Thank You, Lord Jesus, for Your grace in my life. Thank You for forgiving my sins. Thank You for the opportunity to share my faith with others. Bless my worship this day as You come to me in the Word and in the Lord’s Supper. Amen.

“See” you at the Communion table this morning.

Pastor David Paape 

The following link is to the 52 Week Reading Plan Bible upon which these devotions are based. http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment