Tuesday, September 27, 2016

September 28, 2016 - PRECIOUS DEATH


Day 272 - Psalm Wednesday (chapters 114-116)

“Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints.” (Psalm 116:15 ESV) 

For many, death is something to be dreaded and feared. And while we Christians do a fare amount of that ourselves, the truth is that we do not have to fear death. The death of a saint (a repentant sinner declared righteous and holy by the Lord), is precious to the Lord and precious to us, since when we die trusting in Christ alone, the gates of heaven are opened. The hymn write put it this way:

Jesus lives!  The victory’s won!  
Death no longer can appall me;
Jesus lives!  Death’s reign is done!  
From the grave Christ will recall me.
Brighter scenes will then commence; 
This shall be my confidence.
(“Jesus Lives! The Victory’s Won,” The Lutheran Service Book, CPH 2006, #490 stanza 1)

Heavenly Father, thank You for the confidence You have given me in Jesus’ death and resurrection. May I not be appalled about the inevitable end of my life. Yes, remind me today that the best is yet to come for me and all Christians. In Jesus’ saving name. Amen.   

Pastor David Paape 

The following link is to the 52 Week Reading Plan Bible upon which these devotions are based. http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment