Wednesday, September 21, 2016

September 22, 2016 - AN ENCOURAGING WORD


Day 266 - Proverbs Thursday (chapters 25)

“A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in a setting of silver.” (Proverbs 25:11 ESV) 

“Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.” While this idiom is well known, it not always true. Negative and hateful words can hurt their target and do great emotional damage.

However, positive words can do much good. “A word fitly spoken” can greatly encourage their recipient. 

There is hope!
You can do it!
I believe in you!
I’ve always liked ________ about you!

The best encouragement is spiritual encouragement. And the best spiritual encourager is Jesus:

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28 ESV)

I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.  (John 10:10-11 ESV)

Now Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus.  (John 11:5 ESV)

And He loves YOU, TOO! Now that is a truly encouraging word!

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your encouraging Word of forgiveness given to me in Jesus, my Savior. Please use me to share Christ’s encouragement with others so they can know Him, too. In Jesus’ saving name. Amen. 

Encourage someone today.

Pastor David Paape 

The following link is to the 52 Week Reading Plan Bible upon which these devotions are based. http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment