Friday, December 9, 2016

December 10, 2016 - THE WILL OF THE LORD BE DONE


Day 345 - Acts Saturday (chapters 21-22) 

When we heard this, we and the people there urged him not to go up to Jerusalem. Then Paul answered, “What are you doing, weeping and breaking my heart? For I am ready not only to be imprisoned but even to die in Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.” And since he would not be persuaded, we ceased and said, “Let the will of the Lord be done.”  (Acts 21:12-14 ESV)

A prophet named Agabus prophesies that Paul will be tied up and handed over to the Gentiles. His companions urge him to not put himself in harm’s way. But Paul is convinced that the Lord knows best. Therefore he will not shrink from serving the Lord in Jerusalem. In fact, He is so ready to obey the Lord, that he is willing to die for Him.

How willing are you to sacrifice for the Lord? Do you put the Lord first in the way you use your time, abilities and money? Does this hymn stanza indicate your Paul-like desire to serve God?

Take my life and let it be 
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days, 
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.

As we look down the road of our lives, do we acquiesce to divine prompting and say,  “Let the will of the Lord be done?” 

Heavenly Father, empower me to face my future with the same confidence in You that Paul displayed. Above all, keep me strong in the faith as I trust in Your will to be done in my life. In Jesus’ saving name. Amen.

“See” you in church tomorrow.

Pastor David Paape

The following link is to the 52 Week Reading Plan Bible upon which these devotions are based. http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment