Saturday, December 17, 2016

December 18, 2016 - WALKING IN THE TRUTH


Day 353 - 3 John Sunday

“Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul. For I rejoiced greatly when the brothers came and testified to your truth, as indeed you are walking in the truth. I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.”  (3 John 2-4 ESV)

John is writing to Gaius, a faithful leader and worker in the church. The example of prayer for fellow Christians and fellow workers is one worth emulating. And look at what we learn from John’s prayer.  Gaius is walking in the truth, God’s truth, the Gospel truth. So John prays that all may go well for Gaius and that God would grant him good health. 

Dearest Lord Jesus, thank You saving me by dying on the cross for me. May it be Your will to watch over me so that I may continue to walk in Your truth. In Jesus’ saving name. Amen. 

“See” you at the Communion table this morning.

Pastor David Paape

The following link is to the 52 Week Reading Plan Bible upon which these devotions are based. http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment