Sunday, December 4, 2016

December 5, 2016 - HONESTY IS THE ONLY POLICY


Day 340 - Deuteronomy Monday (Chapters 23-25)

“13 “You shall not have in your bag two kinds of weights, a large and a small. 14 You shall not have in your house two kinds of measures, a large and a small. 15 A full and fair weight you shall have, a full and fair measure you shall have, that your days may be long in the land that the LORD your God is giving you. 16 For all who do such things, all who act dishonestly, are an abomination to the LORD your God.” (Deuteronomy 25:13-16 ESV)

People can be very devious in coming up with ways to cheat others out of their money. Scams of all sorts are ever present. Just this past week I received several e-mails informing me that I had several million dollars just waiting for me to respond with my personal information.

God demands that His people be honest. He declares that the dishonest are an abomination to Him. Even though we may not be dishonest, still we are all sinners. And all sin is an abomination to God. How blessed by the Lord we are to be forgiven sinners through faith in Christ Jesus!

Thank You, Lord Jesus, for redeeming me from sin, death and the devil by means of Your death on the cross. Help me to live for You by treating others honestly and fairly. In Your saving name I pray.  Amen.

Pastor David Paape

The following link is to the 52 Week Reading Plan Bible upon which these devotions are based. http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment