Thursday, December 8, 2016

December 9, 2016 - THE CROWN


Day 344 - Revelation Friday (Chapters 1-6) 

 “Be faithful unto death, and I will give you the crown of life.”  (Revelation 2:10 ESV)

This is the promise of all promises. Trust in Jesus as the Savior of your soul and you will be given the crown of eternal life.

However, before we could receive this crown, Jesus had to wear another crown, one made of thorns. Jesus had to be faithful unto death on the cross so that we, His faithful followers, can have the promise of our heavenly crown. 

Crown Him with many crowns,
The Lamb upon His throne;
Hark how the heav'nly anthem drowns
All music but its own.
Awake, my soul, and sing
Of Him who died for thee,
And hail Him as thy matchless King
Through all eternity.
(Lutheran Service Book, Concordia Publishing House, 2006, #525)

Thank You, Lord Jesus, for wearing the crown of thorns so that I may wear the crown of everlasting life. While I pray that You will keep me faithful for the rest of my life, I also ask You to bless my efforts to share the message of Your cross with others. In Your precious name. Amen.

Pastor David Paape

The following link is to the 52 Week Reading Plan Bible upon which these devotions are based. http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment