Monday, December 12, 2016

December 13, 2016 - REMEMBER ME, LORD


Day 348 - Nehemiah Tuesday (chapters 10-13)

“Remember me, O my God, for good.”    (Nehemiah 13:31 ESV)

When the Israelites returned from their Babylonian Captivity, there was much work to be done in restoring Jerusalem. The Lord has chosen Nehemiah to rebuild the wall. The task is done. The city is be repopulated. The wall is dedicated. Nehemiah now speaks his last words recorded in Scripture. “Remember me, O my God.”

He did not ask for a statue or even a plaque to be erected in his honor. He simply asked the Lord to remember him.

This reminds me of what Jesus said about our service: “So you also, when you have done all that you were commanded, say, ‘We are unworthy servants; we have only done what was our duty.’” (Luke 17:10 ESV)

Since Jesus died in our place and paid for our sins, we are free to pray that He will remember us too!

Almighty God, thank You for the privilege of serving You with the life, abilities and opportunities You have blessed me with. May I faithfully do my duty for You today. And please remember me, O my God, and take me to heaven in Your perfect time, for Jesus’ sake.  Amen.

Pastor David Paape

The following link is to the 52 Week Reading Plan Bible upon which these devotions are based. http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment