Tuesday, June 14, 2016

June 15, 2016 - SAVE ME FROM THE STORMS OF LIFE


Day 167 - Psalms Wednesday (69-71)

“Save me, O God! For the waters have come up to my neck. I sink in deep mire, where there is no foothold.”  (Psalm 66:5 ESV) 

David cries out to God for mercy and rescue from the enemies around him. Believers have that amazing right and perfect comfort. Remember Peter? He cried out to the Lord in similar fashion: 

So Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water and came to Jesus.30 But when he saw the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out, “Lord, save me.”31 Jesus immediately reached out his hand and took hold of him... (Matthew 14:29-31 ESV)

When the storms of life press in upon you, just as they did for David and Peter, remember that you have a God who reaches out to you with His glorious cross!

Lord, on the cross of Calvary You answered my prayer. May I live the rest of my life thanking you for saving me from the storms of sin, death and the devil. Amen.

Pastor Dave Paape

The following link is to the 52 Week Reading Plan Bible upon which these devotions are based.  http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment