Wednesday, June 1, 2016

June 2, 2016 - JUST SAY NO


Day 154 - Proverbs Thursday (chapter 1)

“My son, if sinners entice you, do not consent.” (Proverbs 1:10 ESV) 

“Solomon warns against joining sinners in their adventurous plots, cautioning that the greedy and violent finally receive their punishment. Through the means of grace, God in Christ strengthens and preserves His people, just as He forgives all our sins for Jesus’ sake.”  (The Lutheran Study Bible, Concordia Publishing House, 2009, page 1000)

When others tempt us to sin, it would be good to use Jesus’ words when Peter balked at Jesus’ immanent passion and death: But he turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a hindrance to me. For you are not setting your mind on the things of God, but on the things of man.” (Mark 16:23 ESV)

Lord, please protect me from being led into sin. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. In Jesus’ saving name. Amen.

Pastor David Paape 

The following link is to the 52 Week Reading Plan Bible upon which these devotions are based.  http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment