Thursday, June 23, 2016

June 24, 2016 - HIS PEOPLE - OUR GOD


Day 176 - Ezekiel Friday (7-12)

“And I will give them one heart, and a new spirit I will put within them. . . And they shall be my people, and I will be their God.” (Ezekiel 11:19-20 ESV)

Ezekiel is given a vision of the just punishment God will render toward His unfaithful people. Yet God is planning to show mercy.  Do you remember David’s prayer?  

Hide your face from my sins, 
and blot out all my iniquities.
Create in me a clean heart, O God,
and renew a right spirit within me.
Cast me not away from your presence, 
and take not your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation, 
and uphold me with a willing spirit.
(Psalm 51:9-12 ESV)

In Christ Jesus this prayer was answered for David and for us. His death on the cross has blotted out all of our sins and iniquities. The result is a clean heart and a right spirit. The second half of David’s prayer is for a renewed relationship with God. This we find answered directly by God’s declaration: “And they shall be my people, and I will be their God.” 

Heavenly Father, thank You for answering my prayer for forgiveness and for a clean heart. I rejoice that, in spite of my sinful nature, I am still one of Your people and You are still my God. Amen.

Pastor David Paape 

The following link is to the 52 Week Bible Reading Plan upon which these devotions are based.  http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment