Wednesday, June 29, 2016

June 30, 2016 - A MATTER OF THE HEART


Day 182 - Proverbs Thursday (chapter 7)

“My son, keep my words and treasure up my commandments with you.” (Proverbs 7:1 ESV)

“Keeping God’s Law is not mere obedience to external commands; it is the matter of the heart. When we store God’s words with in us, God keeps us from sinning.” (The Lutheran Study Bible, CPH, 2009, page 1010)

Take my will and make it Thine, 
It shall be no longer mine;
Take my heart, it is Thine own, 
It shall be Thy royal throne.
("Take My Life and Let it Be,” Lutheran Service Book, CPH 2006, #783 stanza 5) 

Lord God, thank You for filling my heart with Your forgiveness and with the encouragement to be in Your Word. Amen.

Pastor David Paape 

The following link is to the 52 Week Bible Reading Plan upon which these devotions are based.  http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment