Monday, June 6, 2016

June 7, 2016 - NO OTHER GOD


Day 159 - 1 Kings Tuesday (chapters 5-9)

“That all the peoples of the earth may know that the Lord is God; there is no other.” (1 Kings 8:60)   ESV)

“Solomon turns to bless the people, recalling God’s gracious help in the past and His greatness: ‘The Lord is God; there is no other.’ Like Solomon, we have every reason to bless the Lord. We dedicate ourselves so that our hearts may be wholly true to the Lord and that we may share the Good News of Jesus that all the peoples of the earth may know the Lord. He has forgiven and renewed us by grace.”  (The Lutheran Study Bible, Concordia Publishing House, 2009, page 549)

But when I think that God, His Son not sparing,  
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in,
That on the cross my burden gladly bearing  
He bled and died to take away my sin:
Then sings my soul, My Savior God, to Thee, 
How Great Thou art!  How Great Thou art!
Then sings my soul, My Savior God, to Thee, 
How Great Thou art!  How Great Thou art!
(Lutheran Service Book, Concordia Publishing House, 2006, #801)


Lord God, heavenly Father, thank You for revealing Yourself to me in the Bible. When I recall all that is recorded about You, I know that there is no one else like You. Amen.

Pastor David Paape 

The following link is to the 52 Week Reading Plan Bible upon which these devotions are based.  http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment