Saturday, January 14, 2017

January 15, 2017 - LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL


Day 15 - Genesis 36-37 & Matthew 12:1-21

“Behold, my servant whom I have chosen, my beloved with whom my soul is well pleased. I will put my Spirit upon him, and he will proclaim justice to the Gentiles. He will not quarrel or cry aloud, nor will anyone hear his voice in the streets; a bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not quench, until he brings justice to victory; and in his name the Gentiles will hope.”  (Matthew 12:18-21 ESV) 

Justice is something we prize highly. We wants things to be fair. We want to get what we deserve. Or do we? 

“You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.” (Matthew 5:48) 

“The soul who sins shall die.” (Ezekiel 18:20)

If God were to give us what we deserve, we would be doomed eternally. But because God loves us, He sent Jesus to the cross to purchase our freedom from sin, death and the devil. Jesus put it this way:

“He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed.” (Luke 4:18 ESV)

Because of this liberty lavished on us, God now sees not our sins. Instead, He sees the holiness and purity of Jesus. In others words, we can now face God’s justice with peace and joy.

Lord Jesus, thank You for mercifully granting me eternal liberty and justice. By the power of the Holy Spirit working in me, I pledge my allegiance to You now and forevermore. Amen.

“See” you at the Communion table this morning!

Pastor Dave Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart
http://www.wholesomewords.org/family/bibleread/truth.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment