Thursday, January 19, 2017

January 20, 2017 - REACH OUT TO JESUS


Day 20 - Genesis 46-48 & Matthew 14:22-36

But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, “Take heart; it is I. Do not be afraid.” 
  And Peter answered him, “Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you on the water.” He said, “Come.” So Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water and came to Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out, “Lord, save me.” Jesus immediately reached out his hand and took hold of him, saying to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?” And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased. And those in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.”  (Matthew 14:27-33 ESV)

The familiar account has much that applies to our everyday lives.

1. How should we respond to fear?
        Listen to Jesus: “Take heart; it is I. Do not be afraid.”

2. How should we respond to His advice?
Obey Jesus: So Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water and came to Jesus.

3. What should we do when we are in over our heads?
Cry out to Jesus:  “Lord, save me.”

4. What should we do when He does save us?
Worship Jesus: “Truly you are the Son of God.” 

So, believe and be saved.

Thank You, Lord Jesus, for saving me by dying on the cross in payment for my sins. Grant me faith to trust You, even when You call me to get out of the boat. Please use me to help others know that You are the Son of God and the Savior of our souls. Amen.

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart
http://www.wholesomewords.org/family/bibleread/truth.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment