Monday, January 30, 2017

January 31, 2017 - THE PROPHECY FULFILLER


Day 31 - Exodus 25-26 & Matthew 21:1-22

Now when they drew near to Jerusalem and came to Bethphage, to the Mount of Olives, then Jesus sent two disciples, saying to them, “Go into the village in front of you, and immediately you will find a donkey tied, and a colt with her. Untie them and bring them to me. If anyone says anything to you, you shall say, ‘The Lord needs them,’ and he will send them at once.” This took place to fulfill what was spoken by the prophet, saying, 
“Say to the daughter of Zion,
‘Behold, your king is coming to you,
humble, and mounted on a donkey,
on a colt, the foal of a beast of burden.’”   (Matthew 21:1-5 ESV)

Why do we believe the Bible? The Holy Spirit works faith in us through its sacred pages. It should not be surprising, since it is God’s Word, that it is in sync with what we know of the world around us. What is surprising is the fact that over 300 Old Testament prophecies have been fulfilled in the birth, life, death, and resurrection of Jesus.

“This took place to fulfill what was spoken by the prophet . . . “

The word fulfill / fulfilled occurs over fifty times in the New Testament.

 This was to fulfill what the Lord had spoken by the prophet, “Out of Egypt I called my son.” (Matthew 2:15 ESV)

Because all of the prophecies about our Savior are true, you can trust His prophecy for you and for all who repent and trust in Him!

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?” (John 11:25-26 ESV)

Yes, because Jesus is THE prophecy fulfiller, you can sing / confess these words with complete confidence:

Lord, let at last Thine angels come,
To Abr’ham’s bosom bear me home,
That I may die unfearing;
And in its narrow chamber keep
My body safe in peaceful sleep
Until Thy reappearing.
And then from death awaken me,
That these mine eyes with joy may see,
O Son of God, Thy glorious face,
My Savior and my fount of grace.
Lord Jesus Christ, my prayer attend, my prayer attend,
And I will praise Thee without end.
(Lord, Thee I Love with All My Heart, Lutheran Service BookCPH, 2006, #708, stanza 3)

Lord Jesus, thank You for fulfilling every single prophecy of the Father’s long promised Messiah / Savior. May I remain faithful to You for the rest of my life so that Your prophecy of eternal life for all who trust in You will be fulfilled in me. Please use me to share this with other sinners, so that they, too, may see this prophecy fulfilled in them. Amen.

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart
http://www.wholesomewords.org/family/bibleread/truth.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment