Monday, January 2, 2017

January 3, 2017 - JESUS’ BAPTISM


Day 3 - Genesis 6-8 & Matthew 3

Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to John, to be baptized by him. John would have prevented him, saying, “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?” But Jesus answered him, “Let it be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.” Then he consented. And when Jesus was baptized, immediately he went up from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming to rest on him; and behold, a voice from heaven said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.”  (Matthew 3:13-17 ESV)

WHY WAS JESUS BAPTIZED?

Clearly not for the same reason other people were being baptized by John. 

Christ had no sins to confess - Jesus never sinned.

Jesus said it was "to fulfill all righteousness." 

Jesus was willing to set the right example by doing the Father's will.

This impresses on us the importance of Baptism.

Lord Jesus, thank You for teaching me about the importance of Baptism by means of Your Baptism. Thank You for my Baptism. Please keep my baptismal faith strong as I trust in You and follow Your in this new year. Amen.

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart
http://www.wholesomewords.org/family/bibleread/truth.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment