Sunday, January 22, 2017

January 23, 2017 - WHO IS JESUS?


Day 23 - Exodus 4-6 & Matthew 16

“Who do you say that the Son of Man is?”  (Matthew 16:13 ESV)

The disciples answered Jesus’ question, but not to His satisfaction. 

14 And they said, “Some say John the Baptist, others say Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” 15 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” 

Peter gives THE answer.

16 Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

How about you? How do you answer this question?

Martha was asked a similar question in John chapter 11:

 25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, 26 and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?” 

27 She said to him, “Yes, Lord; I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who is coming into the world.”

Who is Jesus to you?

“I believe that Jesus Christ, true God, begotten of the Father from eternity, and also true man, born of the Virgin Mary, is my Lord. Who has redeemed me, a lost and condemned person, purchased and won me from all sins, from death, and from the power of the devil; not with gold or silver, but with His holy, precious blood and with His innocent suffering and death, that I may be His own and live under Him in His kingdom and serve Him in everlasting righteousness, innocence, and blessedness, just as He is risen from the dead, lives and reigns to all eternity. This is most certainly true.” (The Explanation to the Second Article of The Apostles’ Creed)

Lord Jesus, thank You for being the Savior of my soul. Please use me to introduce many others to You so that they, too, may know who You are and may come to faith in You. Amen.

Pastor David Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart
http://www.wholesomewords.org/family/bibleread/truth.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment