Saturday, January 7, 2017

January 8, 2014 - HOUSE ON THE ROCK


Day 8 - Genesis 20-22 & Matthew 7

“Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.” (Matthew 7:24-27 ESV)

Alex Jordan, Jr.’s House on the Rock located just south of Spring Green is amazing.

Jesus’ reference to a wise man building his house on the rock is also amazing, but for far better reasons than mere architecture!

The Word we get to hear is amazing because it points us to Jesus, our Savior.

“Doing them” means that we get it. Christ died for us; now we get to live for Him!

“For the love of Christ controls us, because we have concluded this: that one has died for all, therefore all have died; and he died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised.” (2 Corinthians 5:14-15 ESV)

When one’s life is built on Jesus, our Rock, he/she can withstand the storms of life.

My hope is built on nothing less Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.
No merit of my own I claim But wholly lean on Jesus' name.
On Christ the solid Rock I stand; All other ground is sinking sand.
(Lutheran Service Book #575)

Lord Jesus, thank You for being my Rock. Thank You for the Word of God that shows me my sin and also shows me that You are my Savior! Dear Holy Spirit, please bless and guide me so that my life may be built on Jesus, my Rock and my Salvation. Amen.

“See” you at the Communion table this morning!

Pastor Dave Paape

Daily Bible Reading Chart
http://www.wholesomewords.org/family/bibleread/truth.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment