Tuesday, May 10, 2016

May 11, 2016 - IN GOD I TRUST

Day 132 - Psalms Wednesday (chapters 54-56)

“When I was afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid.”   (Psalm 56:3-4 ESV) 

“Even in the midst of danger, David rejoices in God’s love and His certain deliverance from death. 

When we face trials, we may be tempted to worry about our own welfare or feel like giving up in hopelessness. 

Instead, we can remember that our problems are nothing new and that God is able to help in every situation. 

Through these experiences, He strengthens our faith and draws us closer to Jesus, our Savior.” (The Lutheran Study Bible, Concordia Publishing House, 2009, page 901)

I am trusting Thee, Lord Jesus, 
Nevver let me fall.
I am trusting Thee forever
And for all.
(“I Am Trusting, Thee, Lord Jesus,” Lutheran Service Book, CPH 2006, #729)

Heavenly Father, please help me to trust You, especially during those times that make me doubt. May the Holy Spirit strengthen me to doubt my doubts and believe, believe, believe!  In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

Trust in God today no matter what!

Pastor David Paape 

The following link is to the 52 Week Reading Plan Bible upon which these devotions are based.  http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment