Saturday, May 7, 2016

May 8, 2016 - Day 129 - MOTHER’S PRAYER


2 Corinthians Sunday (chapters 4-6)

“(My) hope is that ... your faith increases.” (2 Corinthians 6:1-2 ESV)

This adaptation of Paul’s encouragement to the Corinthians aptly describes the greatest prayer a Christian mother can have for her child/children. I share this from first-hand experience. Of all the things my dear mother taught and still teaches me, the most important has been the supreme necessity of faith in Jesus as my Savior, a treasure she has fervently prayed for on my behalf my entire life.  Thanks, Mom!

As you think of your mother, what is at the top of the list of things you thank her for? And come to think of it, what is at the top of the list of blessings you thank God for?

Oh, blest the parents who give heed
        Unto their children's foremost need
        And weary not of care or cost.
        May none to them and heav'n be lost!
(Lutheran Service Book, CPH, 2006, # 862 St. 3)

Dear heavenly Father, thank You for the prayers of my faithful Mother. Keep all of Your children in Your tender care today and always! In the name of Jesus. Amen.

“See” you at the Communion table this morning!

Pastor David Paape 

The following link is to the 52 Week Reading Plan Bible upon which these devotions are based.  http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment