Wednesday, May 11, 2016

May 12, 2016 - I KNOW NOTHING


Day 133 - Job Thursday (chapters 37-38)

“Who is it that darkens counsel by words without knowledge?” (Job 38:1 ESV)

“I know nothing.” This quote from Sergeant Schultz of the old TV sitcom, “Hogan’s Heroes,” puts a smile on our faces as we picture the plump and confused prison guard. 

There is nothing to smile about as God confronts and challenges Job’s wisdom and knowledge. God shows Job how little he knows and thereby how foolish it would be to second-guess God. However, second-guessing God is something we are all so good at. Every time we choose to sin we are second-guessing God by “claiming” that we know better than God does. Just as Sergeant Schultz continually got into trouble despite his claim to “know nothing,” so we get into trouble because of our lack of knowledge.

But there is a way out for the child of God.... 

For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. (2 Corinthians 4:6 ESV) 

 As always, our answer is found in Jesus!

Lord Jesus, I find myself so often confused and lacking knowledge. May the Holy Spirit grant me wisdom as I read and meditate on the Bible. Remind me daily that because I am Yours, all is well.  Amen.

Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. (2 Peter 3:18 ESV)

Pastor David Paape 

The following link is to the 52 Week Reading Plan Bible upon which these devotions are based.  http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.pdf

2 comments: