Saturday, May 21, 2016

May 22 2016 - MY WEAKNESS, GOD’S POWER


2 Corinthians Sunday (chapters 11-13)

“But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” (2 Corinthians 12:9-10 ESV) 

Are you content with “weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities?” Paul was! He had learned to contentedly rely on the Lord at all times and in all circumstances. 

Paul got it. It happened to him on the road to Damascus, when the Lord appeared to him and changed him from a fire-breathing persecutor of Christians to a faithful follower and proclaimer of Christ. Yes, Paul got it. He knew that since He could trust in God to take care of his soul, he could also trust the Lord to work through his human weaknesses. He knew what you and I need to know. God’s grace is sufficient for us too, since His power is made perfect in our weaknesses.

What comfort for imperfect, error-prone sinners like you and me. God still uses us. He used stuttering Moses, doubting Thomas, and Paul the convert. So, take heart, God has a plan for imperfect you as well.

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your power in my imperfect life. Above all, I thank and praise You for the words of forgiveness I will hear this morning. In Jesus’ saving name. Amen.

“See” you at the Communion table this morning!

Pastor David Paape 

The following link is to the 52 Week Reading Plan Bible upon which these devotions are based.  http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment